In the last few decades, Physiotherapy has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of independent clinical profession and also as a rich academic entity by itself. In the last five years we have seen many Physiotherapy PhDs coming out in flying colors in India and particularly in Karnataka.
We all know “LIFE is a learning curve” and for Physiotherapy it starts in Hillside college of Physiotherapy. It all started with the vision of our leader, mentor and guide Late. Prof. Dr. S. Bheemappa Sir, a great academician and a Surgeon by profession, who envisioned a Group of Institutions for education in this part of the town way back in 1994. He founded Bheemchandra Education Trust to impart knowledge to the downtrodden people across the spectrum of the society. The same vision with vigor was carried forward by our young and dynamic Secretary of the Trust Prof. Dr. S. B. Umesh Babu, a dentist and academician by profession, who has served in various capacities across many Dental colleges in India and at present is second time elected Syndicate Member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Physiotherapy course started in the academic year 2017-18, under his guidance to cater to the vast population who aspire to become Physiotherapy doctors.
SALIENT FEATURES OF HILLSIDE PHYSIOTHERAPY COLLEGE.
- 12 Acre lush and green campus within the limit of Bangalore City.
- Ideally located suburbs of Bangalore City, 20Km from City Railway Station.
- Lush and green campus ideally suitable for medical campus.
- Exposure of mix of patients from both urban and rural communities.
- Herbal garden with wide range of medicinal plants and rare medicinal herbs.
- Approachable by air, rail, metro rail and road.
- Classrooms with modern amenities.
- Well qualified faculties and eminent Doctors
Normally physiotherapists use physical, non-surgical methods to help people who are recovering from injury or affected by a health condition. For example, they might massage them, manipulate their body or take them through a series of exercises to aid rehabilitation.